Contact FAQ About us

You are not logged in.

#26 December 7, 2013 15:48

Kweidon Offline
Writer

Re: Mounts

Aldernade wrote:
Kweidon wrote:

Well, I'm not necessarily talking about that, but just imagine Falstad on a mount? How would it work? Would he dismount his griffon and ride a wolf? Yea, no... it would be too silly. He'll probably have his own set of customized griffon mounts though. Or how would Abathur get on a mount? He's crawling on the ground like a snail.

1. Falstad does not have mounts, already been comfirmed.
2. I don't THINK Abathur can have a mount either.

Yes, I know that already. I was just trying to make a point. tongue

#27 December 7, 2013 17:17

Myer Offline
Founder

Aldernade wrote:
Kweidon wrote:

Well, I'm not necessarily talking about that, but just imagine Falstad on a mount? How would it work? Would he dismount his griffon and ride a wolf? Yea, no... it would be too silly. He'll probably have his own set of customized griffon mounts though. Or how would Abathur get on a mount? He's crawling on the ground like a snail.

1. Falstad does not have mounts, already been comfirmed.
2. I don't THINK Abathur can have a mount either.

What about the siege tank? wink

#28 December 7, 2013 17:28

Krunk Offline

Seige tank just uses the Ignite Afterburners which he stole from a medivac, obviously.  smile

My life for Auir.

#29 December 8, 2013 03:37

Reyn Offline

Does anybody know if the movement speed mechanic will be in, or will everybody move at the same base rate with no way to improve it?

#30 December 8, 2013 08:00

Kweidon Offline
Writer

Reyn wrote:

Does anybody know if the movement speed mechanic will be in, or will everybody move at the same base rate with no way to improve it?

Well, I can't tell if you're asking specifically for mounted or dismounted, so I'll answer both. You get a boost of 40% movement speed when mounted, and it doesn't seem that you can increase this number. When dismounted, you move at your regular speed of course, and while I can't draw up any examples, you will likely be able to increase that movement speed via traits, or specific hero skills.

#31 December 8, 2013 10:45

Myer Offline
Founder

Kweidon wrote:
Reyn wrote:

Well, I can't tell if you're asking specifically for mounted or dismounted, so I'll answer both. You get a boost of 40% movement speed when mounted, and it doesn't seem that you can increase this number. When dismounted, you move at your regular speed of course, and while I can't draw up any examples, you will likely be able to increase that movement speed via traits, or specific hero skills.

But if it's possible to increase your base-movement-speed, the mounted speed will be higher as well, since it's a percentage value?

#32 December 8, 2013 11:58

Kweidon Offline
Writer

Myer wrote:
Kweidon wrote:
Reyn wrote:

But if it's possible to increase your base-movement-speed, the mounted speed will be higher as well, since it's a percentage value?

Yes, that makes sense, but the game could still calculate it differently, as in account the percentile gain only with the base value and disregard any added value. But we can't know that for sure yet, so...

#33 December 8, 2013 13:24

Myer Offline
Founder

we will have to wait and see  wink
Beta please come now

#34 December 8, 2013 17:05

Krunk Offline

I could see talents being used to temporarily increase movement speed, especially for some of the melee assassin heroes like Illidan or Zeratul. Use an ability to jump straight into combat, deal some damage, and use a talent with a speed increase to escape. I personally hope they don't add permanent speed increases while running to any character because I feel that might make them really unbalanced. The reason I feel that way is if anyone has played low level Warsong Gulch in WoW you know how over-powered a druid who always runs 20% faster than anyone else is basically impossible to catch up to. Granted these are completely different games I feel it would still carryover. I'm fine with like up to 3 seconds but that's where I personally draw the line. Then again I haven't seen the game play out too much so who knows how it would actually work out.

My life for Auir.

#35 December 14, 2013 12:20

Doritos Offline

About mounts, i think its a great idea.
1st - It a unique take on 'boots'.
2nd - It gives Blizzard another reason to win some money since i'm sure they'll sell some of them, and being a F2P game i dont mind they selling skins it at all.

But my question and worry is that MANY heroes can not have a mount, for example how can a Zerg with many (or no) legs be mounted ? Or a Siege Tank, dragon, w/e ? We have seen 2 heroes in BlizzCon that couldnt use a mount and each of them had a special ability to be able to counter the lack of it, but will they have to do this for each hero without a mount ? Seems like a balance nightmare...

#36 December 21, 2013 10:46

Doritos Offline

Lol is it only me seeing this 'MarianMSvK' spamming in many threats ? Why isnt he banned already oo' ?

Board footer