Contact FAQ About us

You are not logged in.

#1 January 9, 2014 01:45

Rookinrobin Offline

Rook - Thoughts, questions?

Hello everyone. So far my favorite and most played hero has been Rook. I've toyed around with him a bit and granted I understand everyone has there own play styles but I can't really bring myself to understand why everyone seems to be leveling his E first. Although his passive is by far the biggest damage in his kit, hands down I find it pointless to max it out first since it is tied to the use of your other three skills which are, notably on a very long cool down at level 1.  Generally what I do is like this.

Q: 1 4 5 7
W: 3 12 13 14
E: 2 8 9 10
R: 6 11 15

From what I can tell, I end up actually doing more damage with this skill build than maxing E first along with being safer. With Q maxed first it gives more skill damage, firstly. While it will never be a hard hitting nuke the extra damage can make a fairly large difference early game in my opinion. Most importantly it makes the CD much lower, allowing it to actually be used more than once throughout a single engagement and also allowing for more constant harass in lane without sacrificing your only escape for long. More Q's faster of course equals out to a lot more E procs (Twice per Q use as you might know) which results in overall more damage. Although, yes you are missing out on the extra bonus damage of the stacking E to be perfectly honest, early game you're almost never going to get the full advantage of E's stacking damage unless the enemy is being held in place or just stands there for you to pelt at due to overall lack of attack speed.

So what do you guys think? Do you agree? Did you try the above and like it or hate? I want to see what everyone else thinks on the subject.

Last edited by Rookinrobin (January 9, 2014 01:46)

#2 January 9, 2014 16:26

Myer Offline
Founder

Re: Rook - Thoughts, questions?

Interesting read, i havent played much rook though. Create a guide!

#3 January 14, 2014 14:46

LawWind Offline

Re: Rook - Thoughts, questions?

Now that is good to know, you did a good job.

Last edited by LawWind (January 14, 2014 20:11)

Board footer